- We had this tonight and it came out very good! Comfort food! But without the flour. Or the carbs!
1 egg (I had to add another-the eggplant was huge)
1 Cup almond flour
1 Cup parmesan (calls for grated but I always use shredded)
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tablespoons oil (I use coconut oil, a medium chain oil, which has positive effect on weight loss and decrease in metabolic syndrome. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18845704 )
- Whisk the egg or 2 in a small bowl.
- Mix in a large bowl: 1 C almond flour, 1 C parmesan, 2 tsp garlic powder
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in frying pan-add more oil as needed to keep the slices sizzling!
- dip eggplant into egg; then dredge it in the flour mixture; then into the frying pan
- Cook each piece this way, flipping to the other side after a couple of minutes.
- Brown each piece on both sides
- Drain on paper towels.
I place the pieces in a casserole dish and spoon on my prepared tomato sauce sprinkling with more parmesan and heat a few minutes in the oven.
This turned out very good although it seemed to brown faster than when I make it with wheat flour. Might be the coconut oil…
We had a green salad on the side with my vinaigrette.
Very appealing and very satisfying!
(Husband is .2 lb away from being under 200 lb! And his blood pressure is running 115/70.)